What data is collected and for what purposes?
The data collected is used for:
- Submission of journal, conference and book articles
- Monitoring the production of articles, conferences, journals and books
- Ordering of one or more articles, a book or a subscription
- Online access to articles and documents you have ordered
- E-mailing tables of contents for selected journals or conference series
- Sending you information and news about EDP sciences products and services, according to your interests
- Analysing site traffic, including the analysis of article usage and the sharing of this data with institutional subscribers (following Counter4 standard)
- Responding to reported user requests or problems
- Ensuring site security.
The data collected comes either from your interactions with our products and services (forms specifying mandatory data or during visits to fairs) in order to provide a service or execute an order, or from your navigation of the site.
Data you may be asked to provide
- Surname, first name
- Company name, intra-communal VAT number
- If applicable, username and password
- Email address
- Mailing address (business or home)
- Bank information (off-site order)
- Area(s) of scientific interest
- Communication preferences for emailing table of contents, information on our products and services
When ordering online, bank details are collected via a secure banking platform.
Email alert subscriptions are editable:
- For e-mail alerts of journal or conference series’ tables of contents: My EDP Sciences Account
- For the book newsletter: EDP Sciences Bookshop account.
An unsubscribe link is also present at the bottom of all emails.
Data collected automatically
- Type of device used, operating system, IP address, browser used and version, and other identifiers
- Usage data including pages visited, data format, search engine queries, time stamping of the visit, incoming and outgoing pages
- Technical cookies essential to the proper functioning of the sites without which certain parts of the sites cannot function (load balancer, shopping cart, access to articles on subscription) or to improve the user experience (language of the site)
- Audience measurement cookies - Google Analytics is used, configured to collect data anonymously
- Third-party interactivity cookies on the site:
- sharing buttons (Twitter, Facebook, Google +, LinkedIn, Mendeley)
- Tweet lists (Twitter)
- Videos broadcast on the sites (hosted on YouTube)
- Suggested items based on the item visited (TrendMD®)
These cookies may be disabled on each of their respective third-party sites or by following this guide: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Are the data shared with third parties?
Data is used by EDP Sciences and may be shared with the owner and/or publisher of the journal and the learned societies for which EDP Sciences disseminates the content. Data may be communicated to subcontracting companies that EDP Sciences uses to support sales and marketing functions. These arrangements are subject to data processing agreements to ensure your data is handled securely and in compliance with the GDPR regularions.
EDP Sciences does not sell your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
If EDP Sciences, in whole or in part, is acquired by a third party, the data will, where applicable, be transferred to the new owner.
How do we protect your data?
EDP Sciences is committed to protecting the personal data of its users and implements appropriate technological and organizational measures to protect personal data. However, EDP Sciences does not control all the risks associated with the operation of the Internet and draws users' attention to the existence of possible risks inherent in its use.
What are your rights?
Or by mail:
17 avenue du Hoggar
Parc d'Activité de Courtabœuf
91944 Les Ulis Cedex A