Paris, 15 June 2017: EDP Sciences has reported a strong performance in the recently announced 2016 Journal Citation Reports® (JCR) published by Clarivate Analytics, 2017.
EDP Sciences has 20 journals indexed of which over half showed an increase in their Impact Factor, and 38% reported an increase of over 10%.
Particular highlights include:
- Astronomy & Astrophysics maintains an Impact Factor of above 5 (5.014). Known as one of the leading resources in the field, the journal has moved up 2 places in the rankings of the Astronomy and Astrophysics category to be placed 10th out of 63 journals in the discipline
- Parasite continues its rapid growth in Impact Factor with a 42.9% increase on last year’s results, from 1.781 to 2.545. Parasite’s Impact Factor has risen by 133% over the past two years and the journal is now placed 13th out of 36 journals in the Parasitology category, up from 19th place
- Journal of Space Weather and Space Climate stays strong with an Impact Factor of 2.446
- EPL: Europhysics Letters has grown by 74% over two years, with a 2016 Impact Factor of 1.957
- ESAIM: Mathematical Modelling and Numerical Analysis & ESAIM: Control Optimisation and Calculus of Variations both remain strong with Impact Factors of 1.727 and 1.54, respectively.
- International Journal of Limnology and Knowledge and Management of Aquatic Ecosystems both saw their Impact Factors rise above 1 (1.161 and 1.217 respectively) with International Journal of Limnology recording the highest percentage increase of 112.25%.
“EDP Sciences is delighted to see a majority of journal Impact Factors remaining strong, with many titles in the top quartiles of their respective subject categories and a 21% cumulative increase over the past two years”, commented Agnès Henri, Publishing Director at EDP Sciences. “It is a testament to the hard work of the editorial teams and contributing authors that we see our journals performing well in the JCR year on year”.
|Aquatic Living Resources||1.327||0.448|
|Astronomy & Astrophysics||5.185||5.014|
|EPL: Europhysics letters||1.963||1.957|
|International Journal of Limnology||0.547||1.161|
|Journal of Space Weather and Space Climate||2.846||2.446|
|Knowledge and Management of Aquatic Ecosystems||0.978||1.217|
|M S-Medecine Sciences||0.384||0.417|
|Mathematical Modelling of Natural Phenomena||0.820||0.952|
|Mechanics & Industry||0.559||0.393|
|Metallurgical Research & Technology||0.500||0.414|
|Rairo-Theoretical Informatics and Applications||0.319||0.558|
About EDP Sciences
EDP Sciences is a not-for-profit publisher, established in 1920, belonging to learned societies with a mission to participate in the dissemination of important research that accelerates scientific progress and cross-fertilisation of ideas of the society in general. EDP Sciences is located in Paris, London, and Shenzen and publishes over 55 scientific journals in the physical sciences, mathematics, life and environmental sciences, energy, materials and engineering, health and biomedical sciences. It also publishes 20 professional magazines, conference proceedings (www.webofconferences.org) and books.